About & Features
- Format your text bold, italic or underlined
- Insert Images, files and links to websites
- Links and mail addresses are recognized automatically
- Spell Check
- Automatic saving
- Backup to zip archive
- Word Clouds with most often used words and tags
- Export the journal to plain text, HTML, Latex or PDF
- The data is stored in plain text files, no database is needed
- Translated into more than 30 languages
RedNotebook is a modern journal
It lets you format, tag and search your entries. You can also add pictures, links and customizable templates, spell check your notes, and export to plain text, HTML, Latex or PDF. RedNotebook is Free Software under the GPL.
RedNotebook 1.1 on Ubuntu
RedNotebook 1.1 - Preview Mode
Version 1.11 released - 2015-11-08
- Remind users to make new backup if last backup is older than a month.
- When inserting a link for a selected text passage, replace text passage.
Version 1.10.4 released - 2015-10-19
- Fix right-clicking cloud words to hide them.
Version 1.10.3 released - 2015-10-15
- Make #hashtags regular expression faster (up to 1000x).
Version 1.10.2 released - 2015-08-24
- Fix Chinese fonts in preview mode on Windows by using the fonts mingliu and MS Mincho (thanks Amos Ng).
- Fix instructions for running RedNotebook on Windows (thanks Amos Ng).
- Move repository from launchpad to github.
Version 1.10.1 released - 2015-04-14
- When undoing a formatting action, only remove formatting, not the text (lp:1326606).
- Fix searching with enter for text with non-ASCII characters (lp:1430697).
- Fix filtering exports by tags containing non-ASCII characters (lp:1267263).
- Don't remove whitespace from old-style tags in autocomplete box (lp:1414603).
- Don't try to change spellchecking language if spellchecker is not set up (lp:1443818).
- Don't try to access files with wrong encoding (lp:1443818).