About & Features
- Format your text bold, italic or underlined
- Insert Images, files and links to websites
- Links and mail addresses are recognized automatically
- Spell Check on Linux
- Automatic saving
- Backup to zip archive
- Word Clouds with most often used words and tags
- Export the journal to PDF, HTML, Latex or plain text
- The data is stored in plain text files, no database is needed
- Translated into more than 30 languages
RedNotebook is a modern journal
It includes a calendar navigation, customizable templates, export functionality and word clouds. You can also format, tag and search your entries. RedNotebook is Free Software under the GPL.
RedNotebook 1.1 on Ubuntu
RedNotebook 1.1 - Preview Mode
Version 1.8.0 released - 2013-12-12
- Add font selection for edit mode (Philip Akesson).
- Allow changing preview and cloud font in preferences.
- Only allow opening RedNotebook minimized on Windows since other systems may lack a system tray.
- Fix: Display tags starting with "SEP" in preview (lp:1255582).
- Write scripts to cross-compile RedNotebook Windows exe and installer on Linux.
Version 1.7.3 released - 2013-11-10
- Jump to a specific date on startup with "--date 2013-10-31" on the commandline (Rob Norris).
- Display current date in the title bar (Rob Norris).
- Support inserting multiple pictures in one step.
- Add DejaVu Sans as font fallback for clouds and preview.
- Fix setting last image directory for insert dialog.
- Only allow exporting selected text if we are in edit mode (lp:1221792).
Version 1.7.2 released - 2013-06-28
- Show error if saving fails due to a directory not being created.
- Ignore hashtags starting with more than one #.
- Fix: Allow inserting files and pictures from the "recently used" section (lp:1195759).
Version 1.7.1 released - 2013-03-01
- Fix: Insert spellchecking correction in the correct position (LP:1137925).
Version 1.7.0 released - 2013-02-28
- Allow filtering exported days by tags (Alistair Marshall).
- Add option to export only the currently selected text (Alistair Marshall).
- Move spellcheck option from preferences to edit menu and add F7 shortcut (Alistair Marshall).
- Enable spellchecking on Windows. See help for adding custom dictionaries.
- Better error message for invalid markup.
- Show warning if no directory is selected before clicking the "Open" button when choosing a journal directory.
- Gracefully handle BadStatusLines when checking for new versions.
- Do not try to set file permissions on Windows where they are unavailable.
- Fix hide-from-cloud for words containing backslashes (LP:1131412).
- Fix relative file links on Windows.
- Code: Switch from optparse to argparse (Alistair Marshall).