About & Features
- Format your text bold, italic or underlined
- Insert Images, files and links to websites
- Links and mail addresses are recognized automatically
- Spell Check
- Automatic saving
- Backup to zip archive
- Word Clouds with most often used words and tags
- Export the journal to PDF, HTML, Latex or plain text
- The data is stored in plain text files, no database is needed
- Translated into more than 30 languages
RedNotebook is a modern journal
It includes a calendar navigation, customizable templates, export functionality and word clouds. You can also format, tag and search your entries. RedNotebook is Free Software under the GPL.
RedNotebook 1.1 on Ubuntu
RedNotebook 1.1 - Preview Mode
Version 1.10.2 released - 2015-08-24
- Fix Chinese fonts in preview mode on Windows by using the fonts mingliu and MS Mincho (thanks Amos Ng).
- Fix instructions for running RedNotebook on Windows (thanks Amos Ng).
- Move repository from launchpad to github.
Version 1.10.1 released - 2015-04-14
- When undoing a formatting action, only remove formatting, not the text (lp:1326606).
- Fix searching with enter for text with non-ASCII characters (lp:1430697).
- Fix filtering exports by tags containing non-ASCII characters (lp:1267263).
- Don't remove whitespace from old-style tags in autocomplete box (lp:1414603).
- Don't try to change spellchecking language if spellchecker is not set up (lp:1443818).
- Don't try to access files with wrong encoding (lp:1443818).
Version 1.10 released - 2015-04-12
- Write data to temporary files first to prevent corrupted month files.
- Add format button for monospace font. Automatically add the correct format for code blocks.
- Show warning for dates before 1900 (not supported by Python's datetime module).
- Fix undo/redo.
- Don't add unneeded newlines around titles and code.
Version 1.9.0 released - 2014-12-27
- Add #tags to cloud ignore list to remove them from the tag cloud (thanks Przemysław Buczkowski).
- Remove option to start RedNotebook minimized.
- Do not remove menu bar in fullscreen mode (lp:1400356).
- Allow exiting fullscreen mode with ESC key.
- Only allow comment signs (#) at the beginning of a line in the config file.
- Fix reading configuration files.
Version 1.8.1 released - 2014-08-03
- Do not show new version dialog if latest version cannot be determined (lp:1324126).
- Fix date formatting for invalid locale encodings.
- Add necessary library files for spell-checking on Windows (lp:1331876).