About & Features
- Format your text bold, italic or underlined
- Insert Images, files and links to websites
- Links and mail addresses are recognized automatically
- Spell Check
- Automatic saving
- Backup to zip archive
- Word Clouds with most often used words and tags
- Export the journal to plain text, HTML, Latex or PDF
- The data is stored in plain text files, no database is needed
- Translated into more than 30 languages
RedNotebook is a modern journal
It lets you format, tag and search your entries. You can also add pictures, links and customizable templates, spell check your notes, and export to plain text, HTML, Latex or PDF. RedNotebook is Free Software under the GPL.
RedNotebook 1.1 on Ubuntu
RedNotebook 1.1 - Preview Mode
Version 1.13 released - 2016-06-17
- When selecting a journal directory, show all journal directories by default (thanks Paul Jackson).
- Allow ampersands in e-mail addresses (lp:1570476, thanks pdofak).
- python-gtkspell has been renamed to python-gtkspellcheck. Update docs and debian/control accordingly.
Version 1.12 released - 2016-03-28
- Add option to hide right-hand tags pane (thanks Ron Brown, Jr.).
- Never overwrite externally changed month files (thanks Felix Zörgiebel).
- Remove support for Python 2.6.
Version 1.11 released - 2015-11-08
- Remind users to make new backup if last backup is older than a month.
- When inserting a link for a selected text passage, replace text passage.
Version 1.10.4 released - 2015-10-19
- Fix right-clicking cloud words to hide them.
Version 1.10.3 released - 2015-10-15
- Make #hashtags regular expression faster (up to 1000x).